Our goal is to provide information, ideas and support for working women who are also full-time mothers.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Working Mom's Cooking Guide: Explore the Web

There are a lot of great websites out there and I'm sure you can find some on your own. I wanted to share some of the sites I go to on a regular basis to find recipes.

Recipezaar.com
I LOVE this site. You can filter out recipes by ingredient, course, time it takes to make, equipment used to make, diet restrictions, etc. For example, if I go there and plug in Main Dish/Main ingredient = chicken/Less than 30 minutes to make/Kid Pleaser, it will come up with 276 recipes. I could further narrow it down by plugging in low fat or Kosher, crockpot or microwave, 5 or less ingredients or 3 or less steps.

Allrecipes.com
They have a special section called "Quick and Easy Recipes." Click on the link above and it will take you there.

Kraftfoods.com
Not all the recipes here are quick and easy. However, I like to check it out because a lot of them contain ingredients I have around the house.

Foodnetwork.com
It's not as easy to navigate as some of the others. But if you have time to explore, there's some great recipes. Click the above link to take you directly to the "Quick and Easy" section.

Campbellkitchen.com
It's not a bad little site. A lot of the recipes are pretty easy. They utilize Campbell's soup of course. The site lets you search by ingredients you have on hand and store recipes that you like.

Realworkingmom.com
How can I not include this? See the "Recipe Box" in the Bulletin Boards for recipes real working moms have shared.

And there's a lot more--this is just what I have in MY favorites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home