Our goal is to provide information, ideas and support for working women who are also full-time mothers.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Community Support for Working Moms

Ok, maybe it's just me but I have NO local support. I am the only one of our circle of friends that is a working mom. The rest all stay home, even after their kids have went off to school. Just not in my cards to ever be a stay at home mom.

I have found my support online through website like RealWorkingMom and on ParentCenter which I found when I was pregnant with my first. I've been so fortunate to make some incredible friends that have kept me sane when I thought I was going crazy or my child was going crazy ;) They understood when I cried the first day my son went to daycare or I was returning from maternity leave because they had been there. The experiences we have shared both joys and sorrows have joined us together like no friends I have known for decades or see in person regularly. Our virtual playdates have been the community I wish I'd had for many more years. I hope you join our virtual community at http://realworkingmom.proboards106.com/ and share your experiences with us too. We are here to support and encourage each other as working moms.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's so true! I feel so left out sometimes as a working mom. There are all sorts of support groups and play groups for stay-at-home moms. But what about us? My local library and theater has great programs for kids that take place during the day. Never in the evenings or on weekends. It's so frustrating! If I hadn't found support online, I'd be crazy by now.

    AD

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger RmrJmrGrl said…

    I agree that the most support I've found has been online. I have several friends that are working moms here in town but we are all so busy with work/family that it is hard to even keep our friendships going. The Real Working Mom community has saved my sanity many, many times!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home