Our goal is to provide information, ideas and support for working women who are also full-time mothers.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Two days and counting...

Two days from now I won't be with my kids. My baby won't be sleeping on my lap like she is now, and my toddler won't be running circles around me trying to type on the keyboard! Yesterday I was sad. Today I'm feeling angry. First I was blaming my husband (why couldn't he be a doctor so I could stay home??) Ridiculous I know. He is wonderful and works very hard. So I've decided to blame the government. Their priorities are all screwed up. It was only a few years ago that we even got the right to 12 weeks of FMLA. Why is the US so behind? Most European countries are a lot more family friendly. Heck, if I just lived a bit further north, in Canada, I'd have nine more months off with my kids (and they'd be paid!) But alas, my 12 weeks have been completely UNPAID and the hospital wants their money. So back to work I go!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger RmrJmrGrl said…

    I agree that the government needs to do more to help working mothers and families. There is too much rhetoric about family values but not much action behind the words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home