Our goal is to provide information, ideas and support for working women who are also full-time mothers.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thankful????


Some days I look at my overstressed life, running here and there from work to home with a crazed three year old and almost toddler in tow, and I think OMG. What can I possibly be thankful for as my preschooler is throwing a fit in the grocery store and everyone is staring at us like I'm a monster with an uncontrollable brat and I am feeling defeated and just plain worn out?

Then at the end of the day, as I'm putting the boys to bed and getting my nightly hugs and kisses, I stop. This is when I remember why I am so thankful. I have two wonderful boys who are healthy (minus the never ending colds and eczema but healthy) and happy. Add in a husband who loves me, a great mom and brother [don't tell him I said that ;)], a job that pays the bills, and a comfortable home. Yes, I have a lot to be thankful for.

Having worked a great deal with Friends of Allie and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, I've seen a lot of families that are thankful for so much less than I have. Thankful for just one more day with their precious child who clings to life battling blood cancer. Thankful for simple gestures of strangers signing their guestbooks. Thankful for a blood donor who took the time to donate so their child could have the transfusion they desperately need. Thankful to God for giving them their precious child to love, even if for far too brief a time on this earth.

Yes, I'm very thankful for it all. As I give those hugs and kisses each night, it is abundantly clear how truly blessed I really am. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home